1 Port Metal Industrial USB to RS422/RS485 Serial Adapter, USB to RS-232/422/485 Adapter USB-to-Industrial Adapter
- Metal case with DIN-Rail
- External DIP switch to select different Mode without the need to open chassis
- With both terminal block & DB9 connector
- Optional 5V power output for serial devices Requiring power
USB-COMi-M USB to RS-232/422/485 Adapter
The USB-COMi-M USB-to-RS-232/422/485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds a RS-232, or RS-422, or RS-485 serial communication port to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port dont require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is powered by the USB port, and no external power adapter is required. The adapter is designed with an external 4-pin dip switch to set RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Both a 6-pin terminal block and a DB9 male connector are available for optimal flexibility for serial connection.
The adapter also provides a unique feature of supplying power output of 5V/150mA through pin-5 of the terminal block to serial device. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines. The USB-to-RS-232/422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments.
The USB-COMi-M USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance. Complete drivers support Windows VISTA, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x. Features & Specification
Model No.: USB-COMi-M
Adds one RS-232, or RS-422, or RS-485 serial port by connecting to USB port Installed as standard Windows COM port Full RS-232 modem control signals
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND RS-422
- data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS- RS-485
- data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer Serial port speed up to 230K bps One DB9 male connector & one 6-pin terminal block Supplies power output of 5V/150mA through pin-5 of terminal block for serial devices requiring power.
Full hardware and software flow control Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation ESD surge protection (15KV) Monitor LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status One external dip switch for easy RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- no need to open chassis to set the mode
- RS-232 mode: OFF, ON, ON, ON
- RS-422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, ON, ON -RS-485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, ON, ON
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo ON, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo ON, OFF, OFF, OFF Serial Communication Parameters
- Parity: None, Even, Odd -Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS
- Operating temperature: 0 to 55 degree C
- Storage temperature: -20 to 85 degree C
- Operating humidity: -5 to 95%H
- Mean time between failure (MTBF): 390000 hours
Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing USB cable of 0.9 meter included Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required. Easy plug & play installation and RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 device connection Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
SECC sheet metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
Dimensions: 57mm x 76mm x 23mm / 82mm x 76mm x 23mm (with DIN rail bracket)
COM Port Number can be changed to COM1 to COM4 to support HyperTerminal, or any other COM port number required
Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, VISTA, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x
Full Details PDF File
|Important Technical Information:
Features & Specifications:
Easy plug-and-play installation
Installed as a standard COM port
Full modem control signals & data signals supported
Serial port speed up to 230,400 bps or 921,600 bps depending on the model.
384 byte receive / 128 byte transmit buffering.
USB cable included
The USB-COM series items support Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Apple MAC OS8 or higher, Linux 2.4.0 and later, OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and later. Drivers for the Windows operating systems are included on a CD-ROM disc. The latest versions of the Windows drivers as well as the drivers for Apple OS8/OS9/OSX, & Windows CE.NET (version 4.2 or greater) can be downloaded from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/FT232-FT245Drivers.htm.
Linux, OpenBSD and FreeBSD support the adapters directly, so no driver is necessary.