USB-16COM-RM USB to 16COM Serial Adapter (Rack-mountable for Industrial Applications
The USB-16COM-RM USB to 16-Port Serial Adapter is designed for industrial applications to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB 16COM Serial Adapter instantly adds sixteen RS-232 serial communication ports to your system.
By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features. Plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed.
There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports don't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment.
The adapter can be also mounted to a 19 inches rack, and the rack mount kits are included with the adapter. The USB 16COM Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-232 serial communication ports. Complete drivers support Windows 10, 7,Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98.
Feature & Specification Model No. USB-16COM-RM
- Adds sixteen RS-232 serial ports by connecting to USB port
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Full RS-232 modem control signals
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- Serial port speed up to 920K per port
- USB cable of 0.9 meter included
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer
- Easy plug & play installation and RS-232 device connection
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port Sixteen DB9 male connectors
- LEDs of Power, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy diagnostics
- SECC sheet metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- Dimensions: 429 mm x 152 mm x 44 mm 451 mm x 152 mm x 44 mm (with DIN rail bracket)
- COM Port Number can be changed to COM1 to COM4 to support Hyper-Terminal, or any other COM port number required
Full Details PDF File
|Important Technical Information:
Features & Specifications:
Easy plug-and-play installation
Installed as a standard COM port
Full modem control signals & data signals supported
Serial port speed up to 230,400 bps or 921,600 bps depending on the model.
384 byte receive / 128 byte transmit buffering.
USB cable included
The USB-COM series items support Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Apple MAC OS8 or higher, Linux 2.4.0 and later, OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and later. Drivers for the Windows operating systems are included on a CD-ROM disc. The latest versions of the Windows drivers as well as the drivers for Apple OS8/OS9/OSX, & Windows CE.NET (version 4.2 or greater) can be downloaded from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/FT232-FT245Drivers.htm.
Linux, OpenBSD and FreeBSD support the adapters directly, so no driver is necessary.